# COVID-19 (corona) statistics script for Eggdrop
A script that displays real time statistics about COVID-19 (corona).
* Eggdrop >= 1.6.18
* TCL >= 8.6
* tcllib (<https://www.tcl.tk/software/tcllib/>)
* tcltls (<https://core.tcl-lang.org/tcltls/index>)
!corona [country] – Shows total statistics if no argument is given. If a country name is given as argument detailed statistics for that country is displayed. Ex: !corona Sweden
!corona-<XX> – Shortcut command to display detailed statistics for a specific country. XX is replaced by a short country name. Ex: !corona-se, !corona-us etc
!coronaus-<XX> – Display statistics for a US state. XX is replaced by the short state name. Ex: !coronaus-ny for New York, or !coronaus-al for Alabama.
!coronaca-<XX> – Display statistics for a province in Canada. XX is replaced by the short province name. Ex: !coronaca-on for Ontario, or !coronaca-ns for Nova Scotia.
!coronatop5 [category] – Display top 5 country statistics. Provide an optional category to override the default (cases).
!coronatop5 help – Display valid categories.
What’s New in Version 1.0.1
- Canada province stats is working again – API endpoint changed
- Color support added (can be disabled)
- Some code cleanup
- Changed to semantic versioning
Thank you Estella for providing color support and other fixes.
Source code is located here: https://github.com/Ratler/corona-stats
- Handle backwards compatibility with OS’s using old versions of tcltls (1.6.x)
- Fixed URL encoding issue when using countries with multiple words, e.g. United Kingdom
- Updated country list to match with the names that the API actually supports
- Added statistics for provinces in Canada (!coronaca-<xx>, e.g. !coronaca-on for Ontario)